commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [VOTE] [daemon] Moving to commons proper
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:53:31 GMT
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Ok. What you propose looks ok, and it seems it would provide similar
> functionality. Other than the controller, the interface is so trivial it
> is indeed not needed. And DaemonLoader should be enhanced to be more
> flexible with what it can control.

Ok, it doesn't seem very difficult. I'll give it a try this weekend.

I also want to add a second native method ( right now shutdown is
registered - but it's quite strange, it just calls System.exit(),
I wonder why is needed ) - to explicitely control the chuid().
That will allow both 'normal' and 'inverted' programs to work
( i.e. you either aquire the resources in the daemon's init(),
or you call chuid() from tomcat, with params and everything
configured in tomcat's config file ).

Need to find out how it compiles and works, I never used it.

Costin