commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [commons-dev] mail no longer archived
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:30:19 GMT
On 8 Aug 2002, Daniel Rall wrote:
> "Michael A. Smith" <mas@apache.org> writes:
> > Daniel Rall wrote:
> >  > Trolling commons-dev for relevant messages is like trying to find a
> >  > needle in a haystack.
> >
> > That's why I explicitly CC'd you on the original mail...  I was hoping
> > you have your mail filters setup where that puts it somewhere
> > else. Works for me.  :)
>
> I guess they need a few adjustments.

:)

I've got all mine sorting based on the "Delivered-To" header (matching
"mailing list commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org") or the "Mailing-List"
header (containing "commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org").  I used
"Mailing-List" when I was using outlook, and I started with
"Delivered-To" when I started using mozilla.  Probably doesn't matter
which you use...

Typically, when I receive mail that's CC'd to me personally and the
mailing list, I get two copies.  One matches the the header (the one
sent to the list which has the footer added), the other stays in my
inbox (does not have the mailing list footer).  That seems to be the
only way (that I've found) to properly sort mail that's cross-posted to
two jakarta lists I'm on, and also work for mail that's personally CC'd
to me...

I can export my rules from mozilla if you'd like them... although it
looks like you're using Emacs for mail, so they may not help you much...

regards,
michael