commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Digester/Beanutils performance
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 22:58:32 GMT
I run few times OptimizeIt on tomcat startup.

The parsing of server.xml takes about 4 secs on my machine, and >1/2 of
this ( 2.7 ) is in
 MethodUtils.getMatchingAccessibleMethod()

The same method seems to also double the time it takes for modeler
to load the .xml file - and I suspect other cases will be affected
as well.

Solutions:
- cache the result and do something to optimize this.

- use IntrospectionUtil from tomcat.util in Digester, which does
all the caching and has been optimized for quite some time.

( well, 4 secs to read server.xml doesn't seem too much - but things
add up quickly and someone may use this inside a servlet or something...)

Costin