commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject [Modeler] Caching method names and keep attributes separated
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:12:28 GMT
If you use the jmxtools and the html browser, each attribute accessor
( get/set ) is also exposed as an operation. This is done as
a workaround for the implementation of getAttribute/setAttribute which
calls invoke() and expect an operation to be available.

I fixed that, and also added a cache for the Method object ( which
typically is expensive to get ). The only problem is that it uses
getDeclaringClass() to know if it has to use the 'resource' or the
mbean wrapper as a target.

I think modeler needs some major changes to clean up and make it more
flexible.

( the code is mostly cut&paste from the DynamicMBean which I'm trying to
merge ).

Costin