commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 1.0 release foci (fwd)
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:56:29 GMT

You're suggesting we branch now, do parallel development until a release
on releasable items, then handle the branch as a maintainance branch after
a release??

I was thinking that we would branch when those classes intended for
release were ready, except that branch would not contain the classes that
are not intended to do [they'd be removed directly after branching].

It'll depend on how many classes are both included in the release, and
have post 1.0 work going on on them.

Now I understand your suggestion, I'm not averse to it.

Hen