commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <>
Subject Re: [commons]NPE or IAE?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:05:33 GMT

> Collections is a special case. And there is a good case against many
> of the conventions from SUN re Collections. The o.a.c.collection team
> must adhere to what SUN says (contract wise), but what about the rest
> of us. Other API:s from SUN has different conventions on this.

Collections does have a sterner API 'advice' from Sun, so might be a
special case.

However it's also the most mature of the 'core' APIs in Jakarta Commons
and a good place to look to. So half of one, half of the other.

> With the Collections API being a special case, I don\'t think
> collection conventions should be the standard (a _non_ binding -1 from
> me that is). I am all for whatever \"lang\" decides upon, though. As
> long as they go for either IAE or \"do as you please\" :-)

Very decent of you :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message