commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Math class
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:13:08 GMT

http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/13.jsp New Decimalness in JDK 1.5

http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/84.jsp Floating point extensions

http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/108.jsp     Units

http://www.vni.com/corner/garage/grande/ and

http://www.vni.com/corner/garage/grande/jsr/

My mistake in thinking the vni Complex number was a JSR, I think it's only
been applied to be a JSR, not accepted.

I'm thinking:

'Simple and usual' stuff goes into NumberUtils at the moment. Possibly
branching out into a MathUtils if enough are added.

Anything complicated is resisted unless good reason occurs. ie) Lang
shouldn't be trying to improve with a new type of BigDecimal class etc.

So to answer Mika's original question, yes it sounds good. What methods
would you like to submit and what structure do you have?

[ie) support int, double, BigDecimal, Number etc]

Hen