commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Action-taken [Was: StringUtils constructor is private]
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:05:32 GMT

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Resolution:
>
> I've built a version of the beta with StringUtils having a public
> constructor. Jason should be testing it out at some point soon to let me
> know if I screwed up.
>
> My reasoning is:
>
> 1) I don't want to hold up another project's release wit such a minor
> issue.
>
> 2) I simply replaced the existing beta downloads as I don't believe that
> this represents a noticable API change. If I'm wrong, please show me that
> so I can hang my head in utter dejectedness. [I do have copies of the old
> downloads in my home directory, give me an ounce of credit :) ]

In fact this is changed. There is now a commons-lang-1.0-b1.1 release with
a note on the release page specifying how it's a very tiny change from b1.
Releasing with a different version is smarter, and means that things like
Maven can handle the new versioning more easily.

Hopefully that's enough messing around from me :)

Hen