commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: DBCP/LANG
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:46:00 GMT

> > So a Commons version has theoretical importance, even if developers won't
> > want to extend things very often. I've towed a line similar to yours on
> > extension/interfaces/frameworks, but have felt that very simple cases such
> > as NestException and Enum were workable.
>
> Again, I don't know what Enum means - I know Enumeration and Iterator, and
> also ResultSet. Is there anything wrong with one of those ?

Sorry, my misunderstanding. As Ola pointed out [rather cryptically] the
Enum is from the C meaning and not the Enumeration Java meaning. An
ordered set of constant values.

They seem to be a feature often grumbled about not being in Java and often
recreated by coders in Java, so a useful Commons feature.

Hen