commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [pattern] Command or Closure [was ThrowableHandler]
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 23:00:56 GMT

Command makes me think Design patterns. Closure makes me think of
anonymous commands a la perl/lisp.

Just going on the names, I would expect to extend a Command, but I would
expect a Closure to take a piece of Java code, or more realisitically to
be intended for use as an anonymous inner class.

In reality they're probably the same concept [? any fanatic Lispers out
there?], so is amazing the difference a name can make to people :)

Hen