commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: JSP/JSTL expression language
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 00:43:04 GMT
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> > Just wanted to see where we stand on this; I noticed a number of +1 votes
> > but am not entirely sure of the working conventions adopted by Commons.
> > Should I begin detaching the EL implementation from the JSTL
> > implementation at Taglibs and check in the code to the Commons sandbox?
>
> As a jakarta committer, you don't need permission to do anything in
> the sandbox.  Have at it!

Well, I wasn't so much asking for permission as for whether it was a good
idea.  Is the sense, so far, that the project is worthwhile as an addition
to Commons?  The consensus isn't clear to me from the earlier discussion.

I can easily copy the code to the Commons sandbox, but it won't be
canonical there as far as the Standard Taglib is concerned; thus, the
copies of the code will diverge unless I sync them manually.

Shawn