commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Bowler <mbow...@GargoyleSoftware.com>
Subject [HttpClient] Dependancy on JSSE
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 15:41:47 GMT
At one point HttpClient had a "soft" dependancy on JSSE - it would use
JSSE if it was there but would continue working if it wasn't.

The latest builds now have a hard dependancy on JSSE - the code doesn't
run if you don't have JSSE in your classpath.

I don't recall seeing this one being discussed here so I'm not sure if
this was intentional or not.

Running HttpClient on a machine without JSSE will yield this:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/net/SocketFactory
    at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.startSession(HttpClient.java:190)
    at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.startSession(HttpClient.java:250)

--
Mike Bowler
Principal, Gargoyle Software Inc.