commons-dev mailing list archives

From rsi...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: [discovery] VOTE for RC1 passed, need help with next steps
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:07:09 GMT
Agreed.  I'm very concerned in that this is 'core' for framework
development.. I've made many changes...  and I'm relatively new to
portions of this technology (Java + managed environments + classloaders).

It works, but does it REALLY to the right thing?  Is it flexible enough
for power users, but easy to use for non-power users?  More changes
coming.. I want a RC1 so that we can begin process of really using in
other commons projects.

<ras>

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Michael A. Smith wrote:

> rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > As near as I can tell, the vote passes (I'm sure someone will correct
me
> > if my voting logic falls short of reality):
> > - 2 votes for
> > - 0 against
> >
> > that's 2/3 committers... it's a clear majority :-)
>
> but according to jakarta rules, majority is defined as at least 3 +1s,
> and more +1s than -1s.
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html

I'm +1 as well. Just hope we'll not hurry too much with the final release,
and the API is not frozen prematurely.

We need to make sure it covers the needs of all projects that may use
it.

Costin