commons-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna_Srinivasa...@adp.com
Subject [net] Porting NetComponents.jar to mainframe (USS) - readLine() not working
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:15:09 GMT
Hello,

I have a requirement to transfer binary files from AS/400 to mainframe
through FTP.

First, I wrote a program to transfer files from AS/400 to Windows 2000
using NetComponents and it works fine.  Next, I tired to port my class
files and NetComponent.jar to the mainframe USS (Unix System Services)
environment. (jdk 1.3.1). I got a MalformedServerReplyException in the
FTP.__getReply() method while connecting.  To fix this, I changed the
_controlinput buffered reader to accept 8859_1 character encoding and the
error went away. Now I find that   _controlInput.readLine() is not working
in the _getReply() function during the connect method.

I am wondering whether anybody has done a port of NetComponents to
mainframe environment?  Does anyone know why readLine() is not working.
Should I use a different line termination character (other than the
standard /r/n?)?  Is there a different character encoding to be used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Prasanna
Email: P1S@taxfin.adp.com