commons-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <>
Subject [discovery II] Ready for next review
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:09:55 GMT
OK Costin, you win :-)

Seriously, the more I played with it, the more I see the value in your
approach.  There are some changes (that seems to be a given when I get my
hands on just about anything):

1.  ClassInfo extends ResourceInfo.
2.  All Discovery classes use Enumeration (it's ugly..)
3.  ClassDiscovery & ServiceDiscovery return ClassInfo (not ResourceInfo)
through Enumeration.
4.  ServicesDiscovery has changes in semantics.  Yours returned
ResourceInfo with the URL & Loader of the META-INF/services/file.  I'm
convinced that what you really wanted was the URL and the loader of the
classes themselves, so it uses ClassDiscovery internally for each
'service' found.
5.  Services ala Java/Jar document: something like that is in tools
6.  Original 'stuff' moved down into tools, and otherwise cleaned up. Most
internal extensions dropped.. you can use the simple tools, or not.

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>