commons-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <rsi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [discovery II] Ready for next review
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:09:55 GMT
OK Costin, you win :-)

Seriously, the more I played with it, the more I see the value in your
approach.  There are some changes (that seems to be a given when I get my
hands on just about anything):

1.  ClassInfo extends ResourceInfo.
2.  All Discovery classes use Enumeration (it's ugly..)
3.  ClassDiscovery & ServiceDiscovery return ClassInfo (not ResourceInfo)
through Enumeration.
4.  ServicesDiscovery has changes in semantics.  Yours returned
ResourceInfo with the URL & Loader of the META-INF/services/file.  I'm
convinced that what you really wanted was the URL and the loader of the
classes themselves, so it uses ClassDiscovery internally for each
'service' found.
5.  Services ala Java/Jar document: something like that is in tools
6.  Original 'stuff' moved down into tools, and otherwise cleaned up. Most
internal extensions dropped.. you can use the simple tools, or not.