commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Downey" <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] (3) XxxUtilsConstructors last chance
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:52:32 GMT

<SNIP/>

> And I don't think that you should change from public to private CTOR, then
> ask for a vote on something as strange as making shared Jakarta
> Commons code
> final, with the claim that if the vote doesn't pass, the original
> undiscussed change to private CTOR stands...

Hmm. I'd forgotten that this was a change.

from http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html
An action requiring consensus approval must receive at least 3 binding +1
votes and no binding vetos.

 <...>

Product Changes
Changes to the products of the Project, including code and documentation,
will appear as action items in the status file. All product changes to the
currently active repository are subject to lazy consensus.

I believe there may have been a -1 from a commons committer on making the
constructor private. By apache rules, that means the change must be
reverted.