commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Downey" <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject RE: [lang] 1.0 release foci (fwd)
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:56:39 GMT

Tag a branch and release off the branch. If SystemUtils is deleted from this
release, it can be continued to be worked on in the main branch. It's good
engineering practice, as it prevents accidental changes or additions between
an RC and final release.

The downside is double checkins for bug fixes.

Moving a project back and forth from commons and commons-sandbox is and will
be confusing.