commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Digester/Beanutils performance
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:31:24 GMT
hi costin

i've done some small scale timed tests (using the web ruleset from current
tomcat). i've modified getMatchingAccessibleMethod so that it first tries
to see if it can get the method directly before trying a method walk.

this gives a large improvement (for my tests at least). i'll probably have
a look at caching the methods later but it'd be very useful if you could
run OptimizeIt against tomcat startup, measure the improvement and perhaps
find some other high-pay areas to focus on.

- robert