commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org>
Subject RE: [Collections] primitive pkg - was "Release potential?"
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:26:29 GMT
> I see that Paul has applied the change described above, which
> is a good thing.  As above, I think we should go ahead and add
> the <Type>List intefaces to discourage people from using the
> Abstract<Type>List classes as the generic types.  I'll try to
> get to that today if no one beats me to it.

Well, there are issues with the interfaces:

1.  If IntList includes a subIntList(int,int) method, and I think
it should, then AbstractIntList needs a default implementation,
and there needs to be a new test case for testing the sublists.

2.  Do we want IntList to define an intIterator() and
intListIterator() method?  If so, we need additional IntIterator
and IntListInterator interfaces.

-Paul