commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ola Berg <ola.b...@arkitema.se>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] strict mode
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:16:46 GMT
>But if httpclient is used in a testing capacity (its original roots) then being
>strict on what is received is beneficial to test for servers being out of spec.

And also beneficial for the same tests to be able to emulate broken behaviour in what it sends
out, at least as some kind of option in the httpclient architecture.

A while ago, we discussed something like plugable method implementations that could be optionally
used. Not that one needs to implement them here and now, but one should have the possibility
in mind. From what I see in the code, support for this is more or less there already / easy
to achieve.

/O