commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ola Berg <ola.b...@arkitema.se>
Subject RE: [pattern][lang] Cross dependecy
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:45:52 GMT
I have a third solution:

Pattern shouldn\'t be dependent on anything, while I can see useful dependencies from lang
to pattern.

3) Remove NestableException (or whatever its name) from lang and put it into patterns.
* It is helpful mainly for generic interfaces of which pattern is full
* things dependent on lang would be dependent on pattens anyway, which is a good and natural
thing. No need to mess things up with two parallel versions of lang.

And BTW: I still propose a CommonsCore project (and commons-core-1.2.3.jar) consisting of
(among others) the packages pattern and lang, in the same release cycle and developed as a
unit.

/O