commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] (3) XxxUtilsConstructors last chance
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:10:43 GMT
On 8/21/02 7:03 PM, "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebourne@btopenworld.com>
wrote:

> This discussion has gone on for days. This is my last attempt at a decision.
> As such I am placing what is in _my_ judgement the only option likely to be
> compromised on.
>
> No compromise = no change = private
>
> "Static utility classes should have public final constructors"
> [  ] +1  I agree
> [  ] +0  I can accept this
> [  ] -0  I don't like it, but won't block it
> [  ] -1 I disagree

This is my second vote - the other might be confusing as there are so many
>>> it looks like I'm responding to someone elses vote :

[xxx] -1  I disagree

And I don't think that you should change from public to private CTOR, then
ask for a vote on something as strange as making shared Jakarta Commons code
final, with the claim that if the vote doesn't pass, the original
undiscussed change to private CTOR stands...

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.