commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/jexl/src/java/org/apache/commons/jexl/util/introspe ction ClassMap.java Info.java Introspector.java IntrospectorBase.java MethodMap.java Uberspect.java UberspectImpl.java UberspectLoggable.java VelMethod.java VelPropertyGet.java VelPropertySet.java
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:08:14 GMT
On 8/5/02 2:35 AM, "dion@multitask.com.au" <dion@multitask.com.au> wrote:

> geirm@apache.org wrote on 08/05/2002 03:04:53 PM:
>
>> geirm       2002/08/04 22:04:53
>>
>>   Added:       jexl/src/java/org/apache/commons/jexl/util/introspection
>>                         ClassMap.java Info.java Introspector.java
>>                         IntrospectorBase.java MethodMap.java
> Uberspect.java
>>                         UberspectImpl.java UberspectLoggable.java
>>                         VelMethod.java VelPropertyGet.java
>>                         VelPropertySet.java
>>   Log:
>>   Copied introspection core from Velocity into Jexl so Jexl
> introspection is
>>   decoupled (free to do what it wants) and ensures that jexl is lighter
> (has
>>   no dependencies other than commons logging and that goes next :)
>
> Wouldn't it be better if we actually reused the code by splitting it out,
> rather than copying it across projects?

Maybe.  What I want here is to be free of Velocity's requirements and to not
require Yet Another Package to include for jexl to work.

So for now, this is the first step.  I need to change some of the
velocity-ish behavior to change some of the non-beanspec behavior and some
extensions that I want to do.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.