commons-dev mailing list archives

From Xiaowei Jiang <xiao...@stratify.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with GetMethod when d ownl oading large files
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:22:06 GMT
there is a useDisk option in the various http methods

-----Original Message-----
From: Chu, Larry (Factiva) [mailto:Larry.Chu@factiva.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 11:20 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Cc: Cipollone, Peter (Factiva)
Subject: [HttpClient] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with GetMethod when
downl oading large files

Hello all,

My name is Larry Chu, I am a developer working for a company called Factiva.
We are using the apache jakarta commons http client Release 2.0 Alpha 1. I
am trying to download very large files exceeding 600MB, and I have the heap
size set to near the maximum at -Xmx1800m. I haven't delved too deeply into
the code, but i think that the http client will buffer the entire file's
content in memory. I'd like to know if this issue was fixed in CVS and if
so, where can i get a stable version of the httpclient?

many thanks,
Larry Chu