commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [CLI] some thoughts
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:44:16 GMT
Guys,

There is another casualty of following the approach I have
taken.  As the call to Options.getOption( ) now returns a
clone of the Option rather than the Option itself the
following style is not possible:

Option j = OptionBuilder.create();
options.addOption( j );
CommandLine line = parser.parse( new String[] { "-j", "jvalue" } );
// this will print null
System.out.println( j.getValue() );

I don't think this is too common an approach that will be taken
anyway, but it is slightly annoying.

I am still +1 on going ahead with the current approach.  If anyone
has a problem please holler before this time tomorrow coz I am
hoping to get this stuff tidied up and commited then.

Cheers,
-John K