commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: [lang] 1.0 release foci (fwd)
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:45:15 GMT

Personally, I prefer to stick to the 80 character limit, knowing that I'll
get 2 violations from Checkstyle on each file - one on line 2 and one
usually on or around line 70 - due to CVS keyword expansions which are out
of my control. The main reason is that this makes it much easier to work on
two files side by side - either in my editor or, more importantly, in tkdiff
- without having to scroll horizontally all the time.

--
Martin Cooper