commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject [Jelly] Scopes, contexts and implicit objects
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:46:23 GMT
I'm working on adding pluggable scopes to Jelly (per the JIRA bug report),
and have some of this figured out and implemented.

Regarding the Scope interface outlined in the JIRA report, I have added
removeVariable() and getVariableNames(), for parity with the Servlet
interface, and implemented Scope classes for request, session and
application.

There are some areas, though, where I'm a little unsure of which way to go.

1) Currently, JellyContext.getVariable() actually invokes findVariable() to
search parent contexts, if they are inheritable. This seems to conflict with
the corresponding Servlet methods, where get*() references only the current
context, while find*() allows a search up through parent contexts.

2) Certain "scopes" seem to be currently dealt with as explicit variables by
themselves. For example, "context" and "systemScope" seem to be handled as
variable prefixes.

--
Martin Cooper