commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: [logging] Internationalization of log messages
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:45:19 GMT

In my mind, there's a totally bogus assumption here that logging output is
only going to files, and that the user has to examine files to see the log
data. It's perfectly valid for the developer to add a handler that writes,
say, error and warning info to a database, and for the application's user
interface to provide a means for the user/administrator to view log messages
that way.

In this type of scenario, it's also invalid to assume that the consumer of
log messages is competent in English.

--
Martin Cooper