commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject [VOTE] Addition to the Commons charter: coding conventions
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 04:58:08 GMT
>From the various threads on this subject, I feel that we've more or less
reached informal concensus, so I'd like to make a concrete proposal and call
for a vote.

I propose to add the following to the Guidelines section of the Commons
charter, after the current item 20 (which is about the CVS repository):

---------------
21. Each Commons component should use an internally consistent and
documented coding style. When the source code for a component originates in
a pre-existing code base outside of Commons, the coding style of that code
base should be retained. If a component does not specify its coding style,
the Sun Coding Convention guidelines are assumed.

(Acknowledgements to Morgan for most of this wording.)

This has my +1.

--
Martin Cooper