commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: Coding conventions in Commons
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:33:17 GMT

Well, one reason, which I pointed out when I started this thread, is that
the Jakarta guidelines state that each subproject must select a convention
(not multiple conventions) and stick to it. Allowing each Commons component
to select its own coding convention violates that.

Note that, by not explicitly selecting an alternative coding convention,
Commons has implicitly elected to follow the Sun coding conventions, per the
Jakarta guidelines. That means all code in Commons, not just some of it.

That's why I started this thread in the first place.

--
Martin Cooper