commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Sanders" <>
Subject RE: [fileupload] coding convention
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:34:47 GMT
I am +1 on this as long as it is documented in PROPOSAL or STATUS so
that people know/can be pointed to.

If it is not documented, it does not exist.

As I am a turbine developer from its earliest days and I have adopted
these conventions whenever possible, my preference is that these
conventions be continued by the package as a commons component.

One other reason for maintaining the old conventions other than previous
developer bias is that there are older turbine versions that still have
the fileupload service embedded into their source tree.  It makes it a
bit easier to backport bugfixes if the two codebases follow the same

I'm -0 on the changes to use Sun's block styles.  I would like the old
style to remain, but I can live with screen real estate saving

} else {

if Martin prefers strict adherence to sun's guidelines.  I'm unsure what
the benefits of such a format are other than to save paper for people
that like to print out source code, if someone could give me a better
reason to end and begin a blocks on the same line, it would make it
easier for me to accept.  I'm all for saving paper, but I generally do
it by not printing out source code.

john mcnally

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: