commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ortwin Gl├╝ck" <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Host header handling...again
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:27:15 GMT
Interesting thoughts.

default behaviour:
I think that HttpClient's default behaviour should be that it works in
most cases without throwing exceptions. This makes integration easier. I
guess that most users will not care if the protocol had been strict, but
whether they got a useful response back from the server or not.
Users who do server tests must of course do more work to configure
HttpClient and evaluate response / exceptions. But this is what they
would expect isn't it?

I would just file your thoughts as a reminder bug for now and postpone a
decision to when we have a better idea of this "more detailed config"
thing. Controlling all those little details with just one big switch
(strictMode) is very coarse-grained for my taste.

Odi