commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ortwin Gl├╝ck" <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject [HttpClient] strict mode
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:10:22 GMT
When checking the web app tests I ran across the strictmode property of
HttpMethodBase.

The behaviour of the client beeing in strict mode seems not clear to me.
Currently, when strict mode detects a violation of the protocol it
returns from the method and puts out a warning log message.
IMHO if somebody wants the protocol to be checked strictly we should
throw a HttpException when the protocol specs are violated and log an
error message.

StrictMode is considered "experimental" but is turned ON by default.
Experimental features should default to OFF.

I know there was a discussion here once about a more general approach
towards switching individual features of HTTP on/off and configuring the
behaviour of HttpClient in a more detailed way. So maybe this StrictMode
stuff will become deprecated in future versions anyway?