commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ortwin Gl├╝ck" <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject [HttpClient] Re: HTTPS and PostMethod problem/bug
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:00:29 GMT
I can not try a POST but a GET works when I try (using JDK 1.4 and JSSE):

         try {
             HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
             client.startSession("www.verisign.com", 443, true);
             client.setSSLSocketFactory(null);
             HttpMethod method = new GetMethod("/");
             client.executeMethod(method);
             System.out.print(method.getResponseBodyAsString());
             client.endSession();
         } catch(Exception e) {
             e.printStackTrace();
         }

Please include "[HttpClient]" in front of the subject of further
postings to this mailing list. The list is high traffic and is filtered
by many people. So your posting may go unnoticed if you do not prefix
the subject.

HTH

Odi
I am back to life from vacation