commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Addition to the Commons charter: coding conventions ( Take 3)
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:48:36 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> Taking into account Daniel Rall's comment this time. Sorry about all the
> changes, but I'd prefer to refine the text before most people read it an
> cast their votes.

worth another change?

> ---------------
> 21. Each Commons component should use an internally consistent and
> documented coding style. When the source code for a component originates i
> a pre-existing code base outside of Commons, the coding style of that code
> base may be retained at the discretion of the initial committers. If a
> component does not specify its coding style, the Sun Coding Convention
> guidelines are assumed.

I don't think the second sentance is necessary at all.  If a code base
is being brought from outside commons into commons, then it only makes
sense for the initial committers to choose the coding style.  They're
required by the first sentance to make sure its consistent and that the
one they choose is documented.

michael