commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections] Changing Iterators
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:28:15 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> I would like to make some changes to some of the Iterators in the
> subpackage. In particular to make them consistent.
>
> A number of the classes work on a list of iterators, but they provide
> different constructors, validation and methods. I intend to tidy this up.
>
> The changes may change the public interface (minor), but its a new package
> so backwards compatability isn't required.

But since some of the classes are just relocated from the previous
release, backwards compatibility is still at least partially required.
The interface changes should not reduce the functionality set or
otherwise make it difficult for a user of the old collections release to
migrate to the new collections release.  In other words, document any
changes that are required for someone to use the new classes that has
previously used the old ones (other than the package change, of course).

regards,
michael