commons-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject [VOTE][DBCP] 1.0 Release Plan
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:36:35 GMT
Craig and I came to the conclusion that a formal release plan and
vote had not taken place for a DBCP 1.0 release.  Craig said he
no longer had time to continue with this.  Tomcat 4.1.x is getting
close to a final release and needs to include a released version
of DBCP.

DBCP 1.0 Release Plan
---------------------

Build DBCP w/o jdbcb2pool and w/o dependency on commons-lang.
Modify build.xml to support building either DBCP or jdbc2pool.

Build both JDK1.3 and JDK1.4 versions of DBCP.  Sign the releases.

branch CVS for jakarta-commons/dbcp 1.0 release.

I can act as release manager.

<Ballot>
+1 [ ] Do the release, I can help
+0 [ ] Do the release
-0 [ ] Not happy with the release but I won't veto it
-1 [ ] Don't do the release for the following reasons
</Ballot>

Regards,

Glenn