commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JJAR] New features
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:48:36 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On 8/9/02 4:45 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>I'm writing fixes to JJAR to be able to check the repo without having to
>>connect to the net.
>>
>>I remember Geir had something to commit, and in the txt there is a nice
>>salivating part that talks about insertion in remote repositories :-D..
>>
>>Geir, pleeease commit it, or tomorrow you will find me changing the
>>packages and you will have a hard time merging ;-P
>>

> Lets talk about it - your changes may not collide with mine and that will be
> cool.  If they do, we should figure out what to do.

Gee, why don't you commit them, man?

Anyway, it's basically the JJARTask.
I want to make it possible for JJAR not to go on the net to check for
the descriptor. In fact if a version is defined and the jar is in the
local repo, and there are no dependencies requested there is no need to
check the repository descriptor.

I also need to be able to specify a list of packages to download, so
that I can get them from a descriptor or an ant typedef and nave JJAR
get them.

Then JJAR and JJARTask need to have a single JJARBean that implements
common functionality too hook on.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -