commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discovery] VOTE for RC1 passed, need help with next steps
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2002 04:30:35 GMT
rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:
> As near as I can tell, the vote passes (I'm sure someone will correct me
> if my voting logic falls short of reality):
> - 2 votes for
> - 0 against
>
> that's 2/3 committers... it's a clear majority :-)

but according to jakarta rules, majority is defined as at least 3 +1s,
and more +1s than -1s.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html

although, if its a "lazy majority" then you're fine...  I don't know
what the original vote was for, so I don't know what applies.  Was it
for the release (non-lazy), or for an issue (RC1) towards the release
plan (lazy)?

don't mean to be a pain...  just pointing that out...

regards,
michael