commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Dependancy on JSSE
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:25:02 GMT
Mike,

I did not realize that this was a side effect of some recent secury proxy
authentication patches.  It used to be that ssl was required to compile but
could run without it.  A lot of us have been using jdk1.4 for our private builds
lately, (which has ssl built in) so it was easy not to notice.

I guess the question is: how important is it for httpclient to run in ann
environment without ssl available?  (I'm a Canadian which has quite a bit of
freedom with encryption and am not aware of what the export issues may be with
ssl).