commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Dever" <jdev...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: HttpClient Help.
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:32:50 GMT
Hey Mark,

HttpClient nightly builds have a way to get the response body as a stream.
Any HttpMethod object has an appropriately named getResponseBodyAsStream()
method that you can call after the HttpMethod has been successfully
executed.

You can then directly stream the data from the webserver directly to your
application.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark R. Diggory [mailto:mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 11:34 AM
To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: HttpClient Help.

Hi,

I'm working with the HttpClient in my webapplication, unfortunately I'm
"GET"ing some pretty large documents through the Http Client. Is there
any way I can stop it from "buffering" the response and just hand me the
"real" InputStream from the request? It's not very helpfull to store the
entire response in memory or file when all you want is to hand it on to
a SAX parser.

-Mark Diggory
Harvard-MIT Data Center