commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Carlson <joncrl...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [Collections] primitive pkg - was "Release potential?"
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:21:12 GMT
P.S.  If we don't include the IntList/ShortList, etc
interfaces now then I think the naming of the Abstract
classes is important since many will declare vars and args
with that instead of the (nonexistent) interface name to
help keep the implementation open.  (for the same reason
one should declare with the List interface when you don't
care about the exact implementation)

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip130.html).

> > > 3) I would greatly prefer to have an IntList
> interface
> > so I
> > > can declare variables and arguments with an interface
> > > instead of an abstract super class (like we do with
> the
> > > collection interfaces).  See Joshua Bloch's
> "Effective
> > > Java" item number 16 on page 84.  He agrees with me
> > too.
> > >
> > > Does anyone else see this the way I do?  I'd be happy
> > > commit documentation improvements (#1), but I don't
> > think I
> > > am known enough to get approved.  (I wrote the
> > > TransformingComparator class which I think IMHO is
> > pretty
> > > well documented).
> > >
> > > Jonathan

> completed