commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] (re-vote) XxxUtils constructors
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:11:30 GMT
<SNIP/>

> Except, what's the harm for instantiation?  If I see the javadoc, see all
> methods are static and still choose, for some reason to create an instance?
>
> I am trying to think of why you wouldn't want to allow this....
<set sarcasm="on">
Oh, becuase you're an idiot who doesn't know any better, of course.

What's that? You're using some other language that runs in the Java VM? Well
why don't you change your language.

Really, you'll be better off in the long run.

 In fact, if you'd just use Java in the first place, you wouldn't have these
problems...
</set>