commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [JJAR] using maven's repo...
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:30:24 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@adeptra.com>
> On 8/12/02 6:14 AM, "James Strachan" <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Incidentally - after taking a fresh look at JJAR - it could be nice to
> > implement JJAR's Repository interface using Maven's physical repository.
> > Maven uses directories for each project/package, then seperate files for
> > each version, rather than a single XML doc for the whole repo.
> >
> > So right now JJAR has RepositoryXML that implements Repository by
parsing a
> > single XML doc. Writing a MavenRepository class should be pretty easy,
that
> > could just use any Maven repo, such as the one here...
>
> That was the idea, but how do you specify dependencies?

Right now each project has a project.xml that defines its dependencies on
other things (jars typically). Then a Maven repository contains those
things. Ultimately I think the repository also needs to also store the
dependency information as well, whether inside the jar META-INF in some
format, or as some XML document in the repository.

I think this is happening with the 'reactor' stuff in Maven though I don't
know enough about it yet to go into much more detail. But I should think
this is quite easy to do, maybe as a standard part of the Maven build/deploy
process.

James
-------
http://james.weblogger.com/