commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Retriving an unbuffered stream
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:25:40 GMT
On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 22:06, Jeff Dever wrote:
> I don't run the webapp tests as they have never compiled for me.

Can you provide specifics?  I can get the to compile and run (although
it could be made somewhat easier).

Here is what I've been doing.

After a dist build, take the contents of the target/httpclienttest
directory and create a WAR file called httpclienttest.war.

Copy this WAR to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps (if using Tomcat) and
start Tomcat.

>From the httpclient source directory, issue 'ant test-local'.
This will run the local and webapp tests.

In my environment I get 13 failures, one of which is resolved with
the attached patch to o.a.c.h.HttpMethodBase (a call to setRequestHeader
is being made with a null value).  Some of the other failures, such as
those in TestHttpClientLocalHost, TestMethodsLocalHost, and
TestGetMethodLocal are, I believe, caused by the fact that they request
"/" for the URI which with a default installation of Tomcat 4.x will
yield a 302 instead of the 200 the test expects.

I haven't had time to investigate the remainder of the failures which
seem to be in the webapp area.