commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject RE: [CLI] Feature requests and submissions
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:22:09 GMT
On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 14:00, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > From: John Keyes [mailto:jbjk@mac.com]
> >
> > I have added the array method, as someone may prefer the
> > array approach to the Collections one.
> >
> > I has also added the capability to use the switch to process
> > the options (this is only applicable for character options).
> >
> > And I have added the ability to specify if an option should
> > have a finite number of arguments.
> >
> > None of the above are commited, I hope to get it tided up but
> > it might have to wait until this time tomorrow to be committed.
> >
> > Thanks for the detailed feature requests Berin.
>

> Thank you for being so quick in putting them in.  I do have one
> question left:
>
> does Commons CLI support the "=" delimiter?  You know, for the
> variable definition type of options:  -Dvar=myval
> type of options?  Or would this be -Dvar myval?
Well there is no built in support for parsing the value but
e.g. parse -Dvar=myval

String val = line.getOption( "D" );
// val == "var=myval"

What sort of API would be looking for to provide built in support
for this?

It would probably only be an optional static helper function e.g.

String property = Helper.getKey( val );
String value = Helper.getValue( val );

-John K