commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Oxspring" <roxspr...@imapmail.org>
Subject [discovery] One line project summary
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:02:55 GMT
Hi,

Just tackling draft2 of the newsletter and it was pointed out that the
discovery tagline had come from digester (whoops!). Can anyone supply a
quick one line description of the discovery component?  The following was
grabbed from the PROPOSAL.html but doesn't seem to say very much to those
not in the know:

Service Discovery provides fundamental discovery pattern used in many
projects

Also while I was hunting for likely candidates I noticed that discovery's
project.xml is described as "Commons Database Connection Pooling" :)

Thanks in advance,

Rob