commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Olsen" <br...@mmmanager.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] The switch to commons logging.
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:03:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Strachan" <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: [VFS] The switch to commons logging.

> Hi Brian
>
> Just because the logging switched from using the facade in Avalon Framework
> to using commons logging, doesn't mean we can't still configure the Log used
> in a FileSystemManager. The parent that creates it can initialize the Log,
> such as the FileSystemManagerFactory.

But can I configure commons logger so that each instance of FileSystemManager has a different
logger and all FileSystems and FileObjects created using that FileSystemManager use that same
logger???
e.g. one instance of FileSystemManager uses Log4J, another jdk1.4 logger and a third uses
Avalon Logkit.