commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 1.0 release foci (fwd)
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:51:20 GMT
From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>
> 1) Reflection: Could we put this off for 2.0?
> 2) Enum. This is in the main cvs now.
> 3) HashCodeUtils. This is now HashCodeBuilder.
> 4) ExceptionUtils. This is in CVS now.
> 5) StringUtils. There are some suggested additions to this to be
> discussed, but not a lot.
> 6) NumberUtils. Some suggestion of extra functions for it, but nothing
> really concrete yet. 2.0?
> 7) Util.CalendarUtils/*. Anything pressing in here or 2.0?
> 8) SystemUtils. Seems cool :)
> 9) CharSetUtils. Should this be there?

I have some more ideas for classes (ToStringBuilder, EqualsBuilder,
CompareToBuilder) and fields NullObject - but these can wait for later
discussion.

The only problem we face ATM is SystemUtils. We either
1) Remove it to the sandbox
2) Remove the controversial parts to the sandbox

I favour (1) to get the release out.

Stephen