commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Reflection utils [was: 1.0 release foci]
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:37:20 GMT
From: "Juozas Baliuka" <baliuka@centras.lt>
> Added
> 5) Proxy generation for classes and interfaces.
> It must be interesting for "frameworks" .

Not quite sure what you meant here. We could have a ProxyUtils class with
reflection. It would certainly fit. However, I can think of no useful
functionality for it. Items #1 & #2 rule out specific proxy implementations.

On the other hand, my [introspect] idea might be suited for building proxy
implementations around.

So can we defer Proxy objects until [introspect] gets discussed?

Stephen

> These strike me as the basics that need agreement before we start. The
code
> itself should draw on code previously written by [beanutils], [jxpath],
and
> others.
>
> Stephen
>
> >  from:    Ola Berg <ola.berg@arkitema.se>
> > Hen writes:
> > >I\'ve pushed the ClassUtils class back into the Lang cvs tree for
> > >consideration. Methods are:
> >
> > > public static java.lang.Object createObject(java.lang.String);
> > > public static java.lang.Object createObject(java.lang.Class);
> > > public static boolean classExists(java.lang.String);
> > > public static java.lang.Class getClass(java.lang.String);
> > > public static boolean classInstanceOf(java.lang.Class,
> java.lang.String);
> > > public static boolean classImplements(java.lang.Class,
> java.lang.String);
> > > public static boolean classExtends(java.lang.Class, java.lang.String);
> >
> > In a bunch of code I gave Stephen, the questions answered in the boolean
> methods of your interface are implemented as separate Predicate\'s.
General